This leasing consultant job description was generously shared by Core Real Estate Management Group!
Apartment Leasing Consultant Job Description:
Responsible for the leasing, marketing and maintaining positive resident relations of multi-family residential apartments.
Reports to: Community Manager, Leasing Director and/or Regional/ District Manager
Wage Status: Hourly (Non-exempt; eligible for over time)
- Greet prospects and qualify by covering all criteria (ask questions; utilize completed guest cards, etc.).
- Immediately record all telephone and in-person visits on appropriate reports.
- Files own guest cards and maintain according to established procedures.
- Inspect models and available “market ready”, communicate related service needs to Property Manager.
- Demonstrate community and apartment/model and apply product knowledge to clients needs by communicating the features and benefits; close the sale.
- Have prospect complete application and secure deposit in accordance with the company procedures and Fair Housing requirements.
- Update availability report, process applications for approvals. (i.e., credit check, rental history, etc.) Submit processed applications to the Community Manager for approval. Follow up with applicant regarding status.
- Ensure apartment is ready for resident to move-in on agreed date.
- Immediately follow-up on prospects that did not close and attempt to close sale again. If unable to help prospect, refer them to sister communities to meet prospect’s needs.
- Secure new resident’s signature(s) on appropriate paperwork prior to move-in. Orient new residents to community.
- Assist in monitoring renewals. Distribute and follow-up on renewal notices.
- Monitor advertising effectiveness. Gather information about market competition in the area and file.
- Represent the company in a professional manner at all the times.
- Accept rental payments and give immediately to Assistant Community Manager.
- Type lease and complete appropriate paperwork and input information on Yardi System accurately and on a timely basis. Review with the Community Manager prior to obtaining signatures.
- Maintain current resident files.
- Maintain and record daily inspections for the community.
- Distribute all company or community-issued notices.
- Maintain accurate monthly commission records on leases and renewals for bonus purposes.
- Assist management team with other various tasks as required.
- Consistently implement policies of the community.
- Receive all telephone calls and in-person visits. Listen to resident requests, concerns and comments.
- Quickly complete maintenance Service Request and inform the maintenance team. Answer questions for residents about community, repairs, rent, rules, etc. Follow up on a timely basis if unable to respond to residents on all matters.
- Ensure all maintenance repairs are handled satisfactorily by contacting residents with completed Service Requests on a weekly basis.
- Maintain open communication with Property Manager and Maintenance Supervisor.
- Contribute to cleanliness and curb appeal of the community on continuing basis.
- Assist in planning resident functions. Attend functions and participate as host for any functions as directed by the Community Manager.
- Participate in outreach marketing activities on a regular basis to obtain prospective residents.
- Advise residents of referral concessions (if permitted).
- Assist in placing, removing/updating banners, balloons, bandit signs, flags, etc.
- Distribute newsletters, pamphlets, flyers, etc.
- Conduct market surveys and shop competitive communities.
Essential Job Functions:
- Fair Housing Certification, willingness to obtain prior to interacting with prospective residents.
- Demonstrate an ability to support and contribute to community team.
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills.
- Operate telephone, personal computer/keyboard, Microsoft Office including Word and MS Outlook, community software
- Must possess a positive attitude and the ability to smile under all circumstances.
- Participate in training in order to comply with new or existing laws.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends.
- Two (2) years experience in previous relevant customer service.
- Neat, clean, professional at all times throughout the workday and/or whenever present at the community.
- Comply with expectations as demonstrated in the employee handbook.
- Demonstrate ability to diffuse and respond to customer concerns to avoid escalation of the problem.
- Successfully pass drug test.
In order to achieve success the CORE Real Estate Management Group, Inc. team must embrace certain core principles and values.
- Tenacity & Enthusiasm
- Learn and ensure compliance with all company, local, state and federal safety rules.
- Ensures that unsafe conditions are corrected in a timely manner.
Attendance is an imperative job function.
Employees must fulfill the performance standards of this position and comply with policies, rules and procedures of the company, including those set out in the Employee Handbook or otherwise communicated (verbally or writing) to employees.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and work responsibilities of the position. This job description and the duties of this position are subject to change, modification and addition as deemed necessary by the company. Employees are required to comply with supervisory instructions and perform other job duties, responsibilities and assignments required by company officials. This job description does not constitute an employment contract between the company and any employee. The job responsibilities of this position may include cross-training in other functions to ensure satisfactory operation.
I have read the above job description, understand its contents and have had an opportunity to discuss with my supervisor or hiring agent. By signing below I agree I understand what is expected of me and can comply with all requirements of this position.
Employee Signature Date
This job description was generously shared by Tarragon Management!
APARTMENT LEASING CONSULTANT JOB DESCRIPTION
REPORTS TO: PROPERTY MANAGER
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
OVERVIEW: The LEASING CONSULTANT is the community’s sales representative whose primary duties are to greet clients, to present professionally the features and benefits of their assigned community and properly secure lease agreements from qualified persons. A LEASING CONSULTANT is very service oriented and strives to make current residents feel welcome and comfortable in their community. The LEASING CONSULTANT will contact a person of authority should any situation warrant an action of decision not included in his or her duties and responsibilities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Conduct all business in accordance with TMI’s policies and procedures, Fair Housing, Americans with Disabilities Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other Federal and State laws.
- Maintains a professional, yet friendly, atmosphere in the leasing offices and other areas where prospective residents and current residents meet.
- Inspects models and “market ready” vacancies daily to insure cleanliness.
- Answers incoming phone calls and handles each call accordingly, whether it is a client call, irate resident, service request, etc. Transfer calls to assistant manager or property manager when appropriate.
- Greets prospective residents, qualifies, determines needs and preferences, professionally presents community and specific apartments while communicating features and benefits.
- Update online advertising to reflect current market pricing on a weekly basis.
- Maintains awareness of local market conditions and trends. Contributes ideas to the property manager for marketing community and for improving resident satisfaction.
- Occasionally will be asked to perform external market outreach at nearby businesses, organizations, etc.
- Actively coordinate all renewals throughout the month. This includes sending letters (90, 60, 30 days) and scheduling resident appointments to discuss renewal rates and leasing options.
- Correctly completes all lease applications, assists with application verification and notifies prospective residents of results. Types miscellaneous resident communication as needed.
- Completes all lease paperwork including related addenda and accepts rents and deposits.
- Completes Guest Card information form on all clients, sends thank-you notes and performs follow-ups.
- Physically inspects community when on grounds, picks up litter and reports any service needs to maintenance staff. Inspects move-outs and vacancies.
- Inventories office supplies on periodic basis. Reports need to property manager.
- Organizes and files appropriate reports, leases and paperwork.
- Attends TMI meetings when requested.
- Assists property manager and assistant manager in preparation of weekly reports, resident communications, move-out inventory, market surveys, etc.
- Performs any additional duties assigned by assistant manager, property manager or Regional Property Manager.
Position requires excellent leasing and closing skills, and the person must have basic computer skills and be organized.
Work Hours: 20-40 hours per week depending on whether a full or part-time employee. Employees will be required to work a flexible workweek including weekends.
- Occasional need (1% to 33% of the time) to utilize personal transportation to inspect apartment community ands surrounding neighborhood, make trips to the back and visit the corporate office.
- In some cases, the leasing consultants will need to operate a property golf cart to show residences to potential customers.
- Must have valid driver’s license and automobile insurance.
(This is just an example apartment leasing consultant job description, and by using this job description, you agree to hold Multifamily Insiders and the companies providing the job descriptions harmless from any situation that arises from the use of the job description.)
Would you like additional examples? It might help to look at for leasing consultant job postings!