This assistant property manager job description was generously shared by Core Real Estate Management Group!
Assistant Property Manager Job Summary:
The Assistant Property Manager is responsible for effectively computing, classifying and recording numerical data to keep financial records complete while assisting with the leasing, marketing and resident relations for the community. The entrant will perform any combination of routine calculating, posting and verifying duties to make payments to vendors, process resident rental payments and obtain primary financial data for use in maintaining property accounting records.
Reports to: Property Manager
Wage Status: Hourly (Non-exempt; eligible for over time)
§Greet prospects and qualify by covering all criteria (ask questions; utilize completed guest cards, etc.).
§Immediately record all telephone and in-person visits on appropriate reports.
§Files own guest cards and maintain according to established procedures.
§Demonstrate community and apartment/model and apply product knowledge to clients needs by communicating the features and benefits; close the sale.
§Have prospect complete application and secure deposit in accordance with the company procedures and Fair Housing requirements.
§Update availability report, process applications for approvals. (i.e., credit check, rental history, etc.) Submit processed applications to the Property Manager for approval. Follow up with applicant regarding status.
§Ensure apartment is ready for resident to move-in on agreed date.
§Immediately follow-up on prospects that did not close and attempt to close sale again. If unable to help prospect, refer them to sister communities to meet prospect’s needs.
§Secure new resident’s signature(s) on appropriate paperwork prior to move-in. Orient new residents to community.
§Monitor renewals. Distribute and follow-up on renewal notices.
§Assist in monitoring advertising effectiveness.
§Distribute all company or community-issued notices.
§Represent the company in a professional manner at all the times.
§Operate computers programmed with accounting software to record, store and analyze information.
§Understand the Apartment Association lease and contracted credit report application.
§Accept rental payments and post rents to the computer.
§Comply with federal, state and company policies, procedures and regulations.
§Record monies collected and prepare bank deposit slips on an on-going basis.
§Debit, credit and total accounts on computer spreadsheets and databases using specialized accounting software.
§Ensure that all proper and legal documents are received, current, accurately verified and entered into the computer from new vendors, prior to payment being processed.
§Communicate with Property Managers regarding accuracy of invoices received; that purchase orders are attached and invoices are coded correctly, according to company procedures.
§Ensure that all invoices received from the properties are approved, entered and paid within a timely manner.
§Access computerized financial information to resolve vendor and payment disputes.
§Check figures, postings and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy and proper codes.
§Operate 10-key calculators, copy and facsimile machines to perform calculations, produce and distribute documents.
§Prepare statement of accounting notices for past residents.
§Prepare, review and close financial books for assigned properties on a monthly basis.
§Prepare and review quarterly and year end reports.
§Provide accounting support to Property Managers.
§Assist in lease transactions by typing leases, gathering applicant’s history and credit approvals.
§Maintain accurate monthly commission sheets on leases, renewals and delinquencies for bonus purposes.
§Assume Community Manager’s duties/authority in absence of immediate supervisor in accordance with company and community guidelines.
§Provide general clerical assistance to community office
- Receive all telephone calls and in-person visits. Listen to resident requests, concerns and comments.
- Quickly complete maintenance Service Request and inform the maintenance team. Answer questions for residents about community, repairs, rent, rules, etc. Follow up on a timely basis if unable to respond to residents on all matters.
- Ensure all maintenance repairs are handled satisfactorily by contacting residents with completed Service Requests on a weekly basis.
- Maintain open communication with Property Manager and Maintenance Supervisor.
- Contribute to cleanliness and curb appeal of the community on continuing basis.
- Assist in planning resident functions. Attend functions and participate as host for any functions as directed by the Property Manager.
- Enforce policies of the community.
- Advise residents of referral concessions (if permitted).
- Assist in placing, removing/updating banners, balloons, bandit signs, flags, etc.
- Distribute newsletters, pamphlets, flyers, etc.
- Assist in conducting market surveys and shop competitive communities.
§Learn and ensure compliance with all company, local, state and federal safety rules.
§Ensures that unsafe conditions are corrected in a timely manner.
Essential Job Functions:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; some college preferred.
- A minimum of one year experience in a customer service related industry and one year apartment leasing experience or a combination of accounting skills/education with customer service experience is preferred.
- Must possess strong attention to detail and sales ability.
- National Apartment Leasing Professional (NALP) preferred.
- Fair Housing Certification, willingness to obtain prior to interacting with prospective residents.
- OSHA laws and regulations, willingness to obtain within six months.
- Demonstrate an ability to support and contribute to community team.
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills.
- Competence in operation of telephone, business calculator, copy machine, facsimile, personal computer/keyboard, Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and MS Outlook and community software.
- Must possess a positive attitude and the ability to smile under all circumstances.
- Participate in training in order to comply with new or existing laws.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends.
- Neat, clean, professional at all times throughout the workday and/or whenever present at the community.
- Comply with expectations as demonstrated in the employee handbook.
- Demonstrate ability to diffuse and respond to customer concerns to avoid escalation of the problem.
- Successfully pass drug test.
In order to achieve success the CORE Realty Management team must embrace certain core principles and values.
- Tenacity & Enthusiasm
Attendance is an imperative job function.
Employees must fulfill the performance standards of this position and comply with policies, rules and procedures of the company, including those set out in the Employee Handbook or otherwise communicated (verbally or writing) to employees.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and work responsibilities of the position.This job description and the duties of this position are subject to change, modification and addition as deemed necessary by the company.Employees are required to comply with supervisory instructions and perform other job duties, responsibilities and assignments required by company officials.This job description does not constitute an employment contract between the company and any employee.The job responsibilities of this position may include cross-training in other functions to ensure satisfactory operation.
I have read the above job description, understand its contents and have had an opportunity to discuss with my supervisor or the hiring manager.By signing below I agree I understand what is expected of me and can comply with all requirements of this position.
This assistant property manager job description was generously shared by Tarragon Management!
ASSISTANT PROPERTY MANAGER JOB DESCRIPTION
REPORTS TO: PROPERTY MANAGER
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
The ASSISTANT MANAGER is to assist the property manager in effectively managing the assigned community. In the property manager’s absence, the ASSISTANT MANAGER will assume all responsibilities associated with accomplishing community objectives as set forth by the property manager and the property owner. In addition, the ASSISTANT MANAGER is directly responsible for maintaining daily, weekly, and monthly reports including accurate reporting of rents and deposits received.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct all business in accordance with TMI’s policies and procedures, Fair Housing, Americans with Disabilities Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other Federal and States laws.
- Maintains accurate resident records. Updates on daily basis all rents, deposits and application fees received from residents. Issue approviate notice when necessary (e.g., late payments, eviction notices, returned check memos).
- Deposits all receipts prior to bank close each day.
- Maintains positives customer relations attitude.
- Physically inspects community when on grounds, picks up litter and reports any service needs to maintenance staff. Will also inspect move-outs and vacancies when requested.
- Must be knowledgeable of all phases of leasing and resident retention.
- Works with lease renewals each month.
- Responsible for keeping daily records on lease renewals and terminations.
- Greets prospective clients, shows community and performs leasing duties.
- Answers and handles incoming phone calls from prospective new residents, current residents, vendor/suppliers, etc.
- Maintains awareness of local market conditions and trends. Contributes ideas to property manager for marketing community and improving resident satisfaction.
- Updates required reports concerning move-out notices, activity, etc., on a daily basis and provides information to the property manager.
- Organizes and files all applicable reports, leases, and paperwork.
- Proof reads all lease paperwork and processes move-ins and move-outs.
- Processes all security deposit move-out reports.
- Accepts service requests from residents and routes to maintenance for prompt processing. Conducts service follow-up with resident when work is completed.
- • Performs any additional duties assigned by property manager or Regional Property Manager. Serves as a backup for all Property Manager duties.
Position prefers 2 years experience in residential property management. Must have basic computer knowledge.
Work Hours: 40 hours per week with flexible work-week, including weekends.
- Frequent need (33% to 66% of the time) to utilize personal transportation to inspect apartment community and surrounding neighborhood, make trips to the bank and also visit corporate office.
- Occasionally, use of property golf cart may be necessary.
- Must have valid driver’s license and automobile insurance.
(This is just an example assistant property manager job description, and by using this job description, you agree to hold Multifamily Insiders and the companies providing the job descriptions harmless from any situation that arises from the use of the job description. Also, in some cases, references to "community manager" were changed to "property manager" - use the term that fits your company culture best.)
Would you like additional examples? It might help to look at for assistant property manager job postings!