- This policy covers how Multifamily Insiders treats personal information that Multifamily Insiders collects and receives, including information related to your past use of Multifamily Insiders products and services. Personal information is information about you that is personally identifiable like your name, address, email address, or phone number, and that is not otherwise publicly available. Any information provided to Multifamily Insiders will be jointly accessible by your apartment community.
- This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that Multifamily Insiders does not own or control, or to people that Multifamily Insiders does not employ or manage.
Information Collection and Use
- Multifamily Insiders collects personal information when you register with Multifamily Insiders, when you use Multifamily Insiders products or services, when you visit Multifamily Insiders pages or the pages of certain Multifamily Insiders partners, and when you enter promotions or sweepstakes. Multifamily Insiders may combine information about you that we have with information we obtain from business partners or other companies.
- When you register we ask for information such as your name, email address, birth date, gender, zip code, occupation, industry, and personal interests. For some financial products and services we may also ask for your address, bank account number, and information about your assets. Once you register with Multifamily Insiders and sign in to our services, you are not anonymous to us.
- Multifamily Insiders collects information about your transactions with us and with some of our business partners, including information about your use of financial products and services that we offer.
- Multifamily Insiders automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, Multifamily Insiders cookie information, and the page you request.
- Multifamily Insiders uses information for the following general purposes: to customize the advertising and content you see, fulfill your requests for products and services, improve our services, contact you, conduct research, and provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- Multifamily Insiders does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies except to provide products or services you've requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- We provide the information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with Multifamily Insiders under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your personal information to help Multifamily Insiders communicate with you about offers from Multifamily Insiders and our marketing partners. However, these companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
- Multifamily Insiders displays targeted advertisements based on personal information. Advertisers (including ad serving companies) may assume that people who interact with, view, or click on targeted ads meet the targeting criteria - for example, women ages 18-24 from a particular geographic area.
- Multifamily Insiders does not provide any personal information to the advertiser when you interact with or view a targeted ad. However, by interacting with or viewing an ad you are consenting to the possibility that the advertiser will make the assumption that you meet the targeting criteria used to display the ad.
- Multifamily Insiders advertisers include financial service providers (such as banks, insurance agents, stock brokers and mortgage lenders) and non-financial companies (such as stores, airlines, and software companies).
- Multifamily Insiders works with vendors, partners, advertisers, and other service providers in different industries and categories of business.
- Multifamily Insiders may set and access Multifamily Insiders cookies on your computer.
- Multifamily Insiders lets other companies that show advertisements on some of our pages set and access their cookies on your computer. Other companies' use of their cookies is subject to their own privacy policies, not this one. Advertisers or other companies do not have access to Multifamily Insiders' cookies.
- Multifamily Insiders may, in its normal course of business, use web beacons to access Multifamily Insiders cookies inside and outside our network of web sites and in connection with Multifamily Insiders products and services.
Your Ability to Edit and Delete Your Account Information and Preferences
- You can edit your Multifamily Insiders Account Information at any time.
- We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to the Multifamily Insiders service, such as service announcements, administrative messages and the Multifamily Insiders Newsletter, that are considered part of your Multifamily Insiders account, without offering you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving them.
Confidentiality and Security
- We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
- Multifamily Insiders may update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your Multifamily Insiders account or by placing a prominent notice on our site.
Questions and Suggestions
- This certification applies to all English-language sites under the Multifamily Insiders.com domain. If you feel that your inquiry has not been satisfactorily addressed, you should contact , an independent privacy organization.