In most organizations, if you are the best at your craft, it's likely you'll be selected to be the next team leader, supervisor, or manager. The irony is that few new (or future) managers get much training on how to actually manage. The reality is that you must leap into a whole new set of tasks that require a whole new set of skills.
In this one-hour webinar, Larry will provide you answers to some of the common problems new managers face like:
- Understanding the psychological challenges of making the leap to a managerial/supervisory role.
- Overcoming the “I can do it better syndrome.”
- Avoiding five big mistakes every new manager makes.
- Establishing your authority and understanding its limits and applications.
- Learning to balance letting go with staying in control.
- Accepting that you can't be everyone's buddy.
- Delegating in a way that gets results.
- Applying a method of communicating that avoids SNAFUs.
- Giving feedback when it's not good news and surviving the experience.
- Taking joy in the development and growth of others - it isn't what you do that counts, it's what they do that counts.
Getting these answers in a one-hour webinar is a great way to start your management career.
Join Larry Johnson and the Webinar Wednesday Team on October 23, 2019 at 2pm Eastern Time to Master the Leap to Management!
Who should watch:
On Site Team Members, Regional Managers, Small Owners, Management Company Executives, Training Directors
About Larry Johnson:
Larry loves writing for, and speaking to managers. Larry has worked with clients like Harley-Davidson Motor Company, American Express, Nordstrom Department Stores, Southwest Airlines, Federal Express, the US Navy and the Nuclear Regulatory Commission. He is co-author of “Absolute Honesty: Building a Corporate Culture That Values Straight Talk and Rewards Integrity,” published in 2003 by the American Management Association, which now in its sixth printing! Larry has also been the owner of the Johnson Training Group for 32 years!
J Turner Research is the leading market research firm exclusively serving the multifamily industry. Our robust survey programs and fully integrated online reputation management platform offer customer insights and actionable data to drive revenue. Our ORA™ score serves as the industry standard for measuring a property/company's online reputation.
Now in its fourth decade, Yardi® offers a complete real estate management solution with the Yardi Voyager® platform. Stacked with the Yardi Multifamily Suite™, Yardi Marketing Suite™ and Yardi Orion™ Business Intelligence, it includes marketing, operations, accounting and ancillary processes and services with portfolio-wide business intelligence and platform-wide mobility.
* Each registration is good for one attendee OR one on-site team. If you would like multiple attendees, group viewing events, or other needs, please contact us.